Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Article IV - Purpose of Body and Tax Status

ARTICLE IV - PURPOSE & TAX STATUS

The corporation is organized for the purpose of forming, maintaining, and operating a church, which shall be engaged in activities of proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ as the source of man’s eternal salvation within the area of Columbia, and working through empowerment of the Holy Spirit to transform people into image-bearers of Christ, encouraging one another in spiritual growth through Christian education, and making distributions to other organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

7 comments:

  1. "working through empowerment of the Holy Spirit to transform people"

    may be splitting hairs but could it say,
    "working through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit _who transforms_ people"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's splitting hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's splitting hairs necessarily (they're are different implications for both wordings) but I am fine with the way it is currently worded. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *there

    I guess I was asleep when I wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, and maybe I'm missing something, it seems the difference in the wording between those two statements is quite significant in how it changes the meaning. The way it is written now indicates that the Holy Spirit empowers US to change people.....Dorothy's suggestion indicates that we are doing our work of proclaiming through the power of the Holy Spirit and HE changes the people. Quite different in my mind....and I'm not sure of the truth of the first statement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I concur with Dor and MJ. Notice how Dor comes alive with the editing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete